Saturday, March 7, 2009

Start 'em early...



For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge music nut.  And when Vijay came along it was all I could to to stop myself from taking him from the hospital and straight to Blues Alley (or rather, the Knitting Factory in NYC).  My better judgement barely took over, but he has gotten steady doses of guitar at home since he was born.  And the kid LOVES guitar (not so much the trumpet - which is loud - or the violin - which scares him for some reason).  All he wants to do is to climb on my lap and get his hands on that great big "magic toy".

So, at 11 months, I figured - "why not give him his first guitar lesson?"  The kid is a natural, as it turns out.  He's got strumming down and I'm going to work on his finger placement on the fretboard.  And finger picking.  

Well, maybe not just yet. 

No comments: