Friday, August 15, 2008

Paternity Leave

Believe it or not, this is 2008, and my company offers paternity leave. Yes - paternity leave. As if I didn't have enough reasons to goof off and do nothing, you might imagine that I was particularly thrilled about the idea of sleeping in late, playing with my son, relaxing, and otherwise having a good time.

Yeah, right.

This mothering thing is serious business. I was never so exhausted in my entire life. Kids require 1000% percent all the time - it's fortunate that they're so darned cute!



Vijay and Dad tried to keep up with the news. Vijay is a total political junkie, it turns out. Daddy likes the Style section...




I thought I'd try out a few new looks on the little guy. You know, see whether the 80's suit him.





This is the end of the day, when I'm visibly exhausted and Vijay is, well, still ready to play. An amazing child - I wish my brain still worked as quickly as his does...






But, after many, many hours of play, singing, walks, and books, I finally managed to tire out the little guy. Just in time for me to brush my teeth and - oh, wait - it's bedtime for me, too. Man, I'm tired... Never thought I would need to go to work to get some rest...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: